Podcast

https://feed.podbean.com/digchp/feed.xml

Friday, November 3, 2017

Psalm 23 A Psalm of David.

 In this Psalm David comes to three comfortable, conclusions. It also taught us that we should too.
I. God is a Shepard
II. With Him we shall not Fear
III. His goodness and mercy

Psa:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

I. God is a Shepard
           1.  Psa:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
              a.) As a shepherd takes care of his flock with shelter, feeding, and watering.
              b.) As our eternal shepherd He will take care of our needs as His eternal flock.

          2. In John 10 Jesus says in verses 3,4
                a.) Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
                b.) Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
                c.)  Questions
                      i.) Do we know the sound of The Shepard's voice?
                     ii.) Are we following Him?

            3. Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
                 a.) Leads us how by
                      i.) Comforting
                      ii.) Calming
                b.) Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
                      i.) Restore our soul
                      ii.) leads us to righteousness

II. No Fear
    1. Psa 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
        a,) In our journey will come upon the valley of the shadow of death, we shall not fear fear. Why?
             i.) Because God is with us
            ii.) His rod and staff will comfort us.


III. His goodness and mercy

    1. Psa 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over
       a.) He provides for us, we will eat at His table
       b.) We are anointed with the Holy Spirit
       c.) Our cup of Salvation is forever full
.
   2. Psa 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
       a.) Past experience teaches believers
            i.) To trust His goodness and mercy
           ii.) His goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives
      b.) Through our Him we will.
           i.) Dwell in His house forever.

Heavenly Father, Blessed be Your name forever, You are worthy of all praise, honor and glory from everlasting to everlasting. I thank you LORD for being the good Shepard. I ask that You comfort us with Your rod and staff. Lead us O, Lord on your path of righteousness; the still waters. Help us to know Your voice and to follow You.
in Jesus' name Amen. 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment